Medical Advisory Committee
Our Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) allows consultants from every specialist area to represent themselves at the clinic.
We believe it’s important that everyone can change London Medical for the better, so within our MAC, there are a number of ways that each consultant can communicate their ideas.
Really, it has two main purposes:
- overseeing, representing and advising us on professional issues related to medical practitioner activities
- ensuring quality patient care through the clinical governance framework.
The functions of the MAC include:
- Advise on granting practising privileges to medical applicants in line with our policy.
- Advise on the suitability of new techniques.
- Oversee and approve the clinic’s clinical governance and quality strategy.
- Management of all aspects of Clinical Governance namely:
- Clinical Risk Management
- Effectiveness & Audit
- Performance Management
- Patient Satisfaction
- Review and monitor all clinical complaints not resolved through the complaints procedure of the clinic.
- Regularly review existing clinical information, out of license use of drugs, and the management of medicines.
- Consider the implications, implementation and compliance with National Service Frameworks guidance from NICE, NCEPOD enquiries, and all guidance from regulatory and professional bodies, and recommending changes to practice as necessary.
- Agree priorities of clinical audit and outcome measurement.
- Confirm that any research projects within the clinic have appropriate regulatory and ethical approval.
- Report on Clinical Governance issues and work closely with management to improve overall quality
The chairman of the MAC is Dr JRW Harris, Consultant Physician in Genitourinary and HIV medicine FRCP, FRCP(I). If you’d like to get in touch, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Details of the constitution of the MAC are available from the COO (email@example.com).
The Care Quality Commission assess us regularly. Information on inspections is available on the CQC website.
All adverse events and complaints are taken seriously, recorded and investigated.
London Medical is the trading name of Metabolic Services Limited.
The registered office of the company is 49 Marylebone High Street, London, W1U 5HJ.
The company is registered in England, No 1837551.
VAT No 466 4598 01.
Please contact David Briggs, COO, for any further information on our corporate governance arrangements.
At London Medical we have a clearly defined complaints procedure which is available as a download via this link.