About the clinic
London Medical’s Cardiology Clinic provides the most up-to-date investigative cardiac procedures for patients with heart problems – and some of the UK’s most renowned cardiologists hold clinics here for all aspects of heart disease.
These clinics are supported by our team of experienced and dedicated cardiac nurses, ultrasound specialists, and physiology technicians, who carry out non-invasive cardiac procedures. These range from routine ECG recording, to treadmill exercise stress tests, echocardiography, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring using the latest technology, and miniaturised ambulatory ECG recorders.
How we can help
Immediate bedside testing services include:
- Bedside troponin T blood test to exclude heart attack
- Bedside brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) measurement to diagnose and monitor heart failure
- Bedside D-dimer measurement to help diagnose blood clots and pulmonary embolism
- Blood clot monitoring for patients taking anticoagulant medicines, such as Warfarin.
- 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring using a wristwatch-sized device, including cASP.
- 24 hrs to 28 days ECG monitoring
- 12 lead resting ECGs
- Exercise ECGs
- Echocardiography: full trans-thoracic cardiovascular ultrasound examinations available
- Full lipid profile and risk factor assessments
- Advanced lipid markers including lipoprotein subfractionation and particle numbers
- Carotid ultrasound intima media measurements for early detection and monitoring of arteriosclerosis
Dr Malcolm Walker
Dr Walker specialises in general and interventional cardiology, cardiovascular health and rehabilitation, cardiovascular complications, and haemoglobin disorders.
Dr Alex Sirker
Dr Sirker's clinical practice involves a combination of General Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology procedures. He sees patients with a variety of heart-related symptoms.
Dr Simon Woldman
Dr Woldman, a cardiac imaging expert, chairs the North Central London Heart Failure group. He was president of the British Nuclear Cardiology Society, and Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians.
Dr Oliver Segal
Dr Segal is a heart specialist from University College London. He manages all types of heart disorders, ablation therapy, and specialises in pacemakers, defibrillators, and CRT.