Obesity can be managed at different levels and always involves the input of a skilled Dietitian.
Our dietitian also manages the support service for patients undergoing bariatric surgery, as well as running clinics for patients with a gastric band, or who suffer diseases of malabsorption. There are also specialist clinics for patients with diabetes, dyslipidaemia, irritable bowel syndrome, coeliac disease, and kidney disease.
How we can help
- Low glycaemic diets for those with polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Medical nutrition therapy education for anyone with lipid disorders and heart disease
- Nutritional advice and education for people with diabetes
- Nutritional advice for patients with disorders like irritable bowel syndrome or coeliac disease
- Nutritional advice for patients with age-related macular degeneration
- Education for the prevention of osteoporosis
Dietary services Consultants
Dr Christina Prechtl
Christina holds a BA and an MA in Dietetics, a PhD in Investigative Medicine at Imperial College London, and a Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Analytic Therapy at Sheffield University.
Carin Hume is a consultant dietitian at London Medical, and consults privately at clinics in Reading and Great Missenden. She is interested in digestive disorders and food intolerances.