About the clinic
HIV is a virus which can be contracted when fluid affected with HIV comes into contact with someone who is not – usually via a mucous membrane, damaged tissue, or directly into the bloodstream. The virus targets the body’s T-cells, which makes the immune system less effective at targeting infections and diseases. While HIV is something that will be be present in the body for life once it’s there, it is possible to take steps to minimise the risk of HIV, and to manage the virus in the event that it is contracted.
London Medical offers a comprehensive range of treatments, services, and management options for anyone with HIV, or for anyone who wishes to prevent it.
How we can help
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Referral to risk reduction therapy
- CD4 and HIV viral load monitoring
- Anti-retroviral therapy initiation and maintenance
- Conception advice for HIV discordant couples
- Conception and contraception advice for HIV positive women
- Management of HIV in pregnancy
- Dietary advice
- Psychological support
- Finger prick ‘Instant’ tests and laboratory blood tests