About the clinic
Our registered foot care practitioner specialises in the management of lower limb and foot disorders. She aims to maintain and promote good foot health in order to help sustain mobility, independence and reduce pain.
Podiatrists can help evaluate foot pain by identifying a patient’s foot structure and gait analysis. They can then recommend orthotics and inner soles if they’re required. The podiatry team play an important role in caring for patients at risk of developing foot problems due to diabetes, circulatory problems, or rheumatoid arthritis – and work to reduce the risk of foot ulcers, infection, and possible amputation.
Skin and nail conditions, for example in-grown toe-nails, can be permanently resolved through a minor surgical procedure carried out under local anaesthetic. Diabetic foot ulcers are managed with a multidisciplinary team, which includes a vascular surgeon and diabetologist.
How we can help
- General foot care
- Toe-nail cutting
- Treatment of fungal infection
- Treatment of corns and callouses
- Care for dry skin and heel fissure
- Nail surgery for in-growing toe-nails
- Diabetic foot screening
- Wound management
- Vascular and neurological assessment
- Treatment for high-risk ulcers
- Gait analysis
- Full biomechanical assessment
- Orthotics and in-soles
- Emergency access to vascular surgeons